Example Placeholder Image

Housing for the homeless

If you are homeless or about to become homeless you will have to apply for emergency housing with your local council.

To find the contact details of your local council you can use the government council finder.

The charity Shelter can provide you with help, advice and assistance if you are homeless or about to become homeless. They also have an Emergency housing rights checker, which helps you work out if you're eligable for assistance and what you're entitled to.

Homeless Lodges For Families

We have a number of secure Homeless Family Lodges located in Wigan, St Helens, Leek and Runcorn which provide a supportive environment for families who need a temporary place to stay.

All of our Lodges are staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. When staying at the lodge families will receive support from the staff team including advice on finances, benefits, physical and mental health, employment and how to secure a permanent home.

We work closely with a variety of organisations to ensure families receive the practical and emotional support they require, including referrals to specialist agencies where necessary. We also assist local authorities to meet their obligations under homeless legislation.